Put a Smart Thermostat on the Christmas List
There are many things to consider when trying to decide what to get someone for Christmas. Coming up with clever and thoughtful gifts is one challenge that makes the holidays fun. One of the things to consider is picking a gift that simplifies the life of whoever will receive it. A smart thermostat can be the perfect gift for just about anyone.
Smart thermostats are the latest in heating and cooling technology and are very popular because of their ease of use and reduced energy usage. Read on to learn more about this great gift idea from local smart thermostat installation specialists.
Signs That One Should Replace An Old Thermostat
A thermostat isn't something that everyone thinks of. That's what makes it such a creative gift to give for Christmas. A new smart thermostat can make the user's life easier and do away with outdated technology. Some of the reasons one should replace a thermostat are:
- Inaccurate readings
- Presence of cold spots around the home
- High energy costs
- Long heating cycles
- Loss of power to the unit
Benefits of Upgrading to a New Smart Thermostat
The benefits of upgrading to a smart thermostat are:
- Reduction in energy usage due to better temperature control
- Increased comfort
- More accurate humidity control during the summer
- Less tampering with the thermostat's settings to try and feel more comfortable
- Money saved from reduced energy bills
- Greater integration of technology with other smart home devices
Available Options for Smart Thermostats
Smart thermostats maximize comfort and easy control using the latest available technology. Some of the options available on most smart thermostats are:
- Easy App Control: Smart thermostats have apps that can be downloaded on a smartphone that enables the user to control the heating and cooling system as well as easily manual programming.
- Geofencing: For those that like a hands-off experience, smart thermostats can use location information from a smartphone to heat or cool the home when it senses people are on the way home. This allows energy to be saved when no one is home while making sure the home is always ready when people get there.
- Effortless Scheduling: Smart thermostats can be tied with other smart devices around the home to learn the habits and schedules of people that live in the home. The information the smart devices gather based on people's movements within the home allows it to make an automatic schedule that maximizes comfort and minimizes unnecessary heating and cooling.
- Easy Reporting: Smart thermostats send monthly reports about their energy usage so owners can make tweaks to maximize savings.
About Chad's AC Direct
Chad's AC Direct is a residential and commercial air conditioner and smart thermostat installation specialist. Their commitment to honest work is demonstrated in their written estimates and itemized bills. Call Chad's AC Direct today for great prices on HVAC service in the Montgomery, AL area.