The Importance of Good Air Quality
Good air quality is incredibly important for everyone no matter what time of year it may be. Whether people can see it or not, clean air will make a huge difference in the way everyone feels, sleeping quality, allergy symptoms, and any breathing difficulties anyone experiences such as asthma.
In April, it's time to celebrate Earth Day, and it’s the best time of year to look at your own homes and assess whether you're doing the best you can for a healthier and happier home. Clean air is possible and this article will share just a few tips and tricks so you can have fresh air in your homes.
Air Purifiers to the Rescue
To get your air as pure as possible, there are a wide variety of options to choose from for whole-house to single-room purifiers. Each method has pros and cons and will work for specific reasons.
Here are a few options to consider:
- UV Systems: These systems can be used for one room or a whole house by adding multiple systems. They use UV light to neutralize bacteria, mold, mildew, and fungi.
- Small Particle Filters: These are used in most HVAC units. They work by filtering small particles such as dust, allergens, and dander from the air you breathe inside your home.
- HEPA Filters: These are advanced filtration systems that neutralize allergens, mold, bacteria, and other harmful airborne allergens.
- Salt Lamps: Salt lamps help by purifying ionizing the air you breathe in a single room and making it cleaner.
- Natural Breeze: If allergies are not an issue, opening up windows to allow the breeze to waft through can clean out old, musty, stale air.
Harness the Benefit of Plants
If you want to get a jump start on making your home an oxygen-rich place, the easiest thing to bump up the O2 levels is to bring some plants inside. Plants naturally give off oxygen and they live on the carbon dioxide people breathe out. Because of this, having healthy house plants in your home creates a highly symbiotic relationship that is highly beneficial to all.
If you want to improve the air quality outside of your home, you can do so by planting trees, bushes, and other green plants outside. Since Earth Day is quickly approaching, make the occasion a family-friendly activity and plant a few trees around your home. This will beautify your yard and help improve the quality of air for the Earth.
Thermostat Upgrades Could Help Too!
If you want to improve your electric bills, help keep air quality consistent, and improve the feel of your home, invest in a programmable thermostat. Automatic thermostats will not only turn your HVAC unit on and off automatically according to your pre-set temperatures, but they’ll also alert you when it’s time to change the air filter.
These units, while small, will save money on your energy bills and help you keep your air quality as good as possible. Since the unit automatically turns on and off, energy consumption is reduced and your time is saved having to check the temperature and turning the unit on and off.
You can also forget worrying about forgetting to leave the unit on when it isn’t necessary. Every little thing everyone does to conserve energy will help keep the planet a greener place. On Earth Day, make a small change like this to help keep Earth green.
Reliable HVAC Technicians
Chad’s AC Direct provides air quality services in Montgomery, AL and surrounding areas. They offer expert installation, fast, accurate service, and up-front pricing. Chad’s AC Direct is a full-service company providing everything from minor repairs to full replacements and annual maintenance services.